Custodian/ Food Handler
|Title:||Custodian/ Food Handler|
Custodian/Food HandlerJob Description:
We are looking for a professional and courteous custodian/food handler that is punctual and devoted to help maintain our childcare centers located throughout New York City (Brooklyn, Bronx, and Staten Island). The Custodian will upkeep our center by maintaining and cleaning our facility. Responsibilities will also include light meal preparation and serving lunch. Department of health code must be met during maintenance of kitchen and facility.
Candidate must have or be willing to obtain a food handling certificate and be able to complete and pass a criminal background check.
- Daily Garbage Disposal
- Light Meal preparation, serving and kitchen maintenance.
- Rest room maintenance
- Staircase maintenance
- Spill cleanup throughout facility
- Glass door and window cleaning
- Front/ back yard along with curbside maintenance
- Light maintenance duties (light bulbs, door jams, shelf tightening)
- Ability to lift or move items or 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk steps (3 level facility)
- High School Diploma (minimum requirement)
- Clear Record (Department of Investigation Fingerprint and Background Check)
- 15 hour food handling certificate
- Custodian or cleaning experience
- 15 Hr Food Handler License
Child Care Staffing Inc. recruits and employs dedicated professionals and administrative staff to provide high quality care for Early Childhood Daycare Centers, Preschools, Special Education and Related Service organizations. We offer highly competitive rates, benefit packages, job training, great support and supervision. We provide continuing education courses and career development trainings and more.