Head Start Lead Teacher
The Head Start Lead Teacher position will be responsible for facilitating a range of individualized instructional assessment, and behavioral support strategies, to ensure educational excellence in a Head Start classroom for children ages 3-5. Under the supervision of an Education Director, Teachers will work to maintain and implement appropriate activities for children aimed to enhance growth and development while maintaining Head Start Performance Standards. Teachers will also maintain a clean, sanitary, safe, and well-organized classroom.
- Provide individualized classroom experiences that are developmentally, linguistically, culturally, and age-appropriate for the children served
- Planning, teaching, and implementing a curriculum and providing quality care for our children
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy learning environment, including full supervision of children at all times, in accordance with Head Start and child care licensing requirements
- Work collaboratively with family members, legal guardians, and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities
- Document children’s progress through ongoing observation and direct assessment activities
- Collaborate with Family Services staff to support families as they implement sound family life practices, extend learning into the home, and meet attendance expectations
- Training, experiences, and knowledge that include theories, and principles of child growth and development, childhood education, and family support
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to provide leadership and stability for program continuity
- Must pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen, and maintain required Physical/TB screen
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field
- Approved study plan for pursuing a degree in Early Childhood Education
Child Care Staffing Inc. recruits and employs dedicated professionals and administrative staff to provide high quality care for Early Childhood Daycare Centers, Preschools, Special Education and Related Service organizations. We offer highly competitive rates, benefit packages, job training, great support and supervision. We provide continuing education courses and career development training and more.